Saturday 1 March 2014

Dare to dip

Having been given the opportunity to join a local open water swimming club for 2014, Chalkwell Redcaps, my first step into open water for this year was to take part in the Havens Hospices Dare to Dip event which took place on Sunday 12 January.

The challenge for me was a 25 metre dash in the sea off the coast of Southend on Sea.  So on a chilly Sunday morning I set off to join my fellow dippers, I was dreading it when I woke up and saw the frost on the ground but when I arrived there were lots of people around supporting us and a great atmosphere. The water temperature was 6 degree, cold but not as bad as I had been expecting.  I completed my dip it was cold but short and sweet, I even came out thinking maybe I will try the 50m challenge next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment