Saturday 1 March 2014

Signing up for events

So to give me something to work to I have signed up for some open water swimming events and triathlons (with this being my first full triathlon season having completed my first last September).  So far I have signed up for the Great Pier Swim, River Arun swim, Basildon Aquathon, Basildon Off-road Triathlon, Grays Triathlon, Brownlee Triathlon and Hever Castle Triathlon.

Why I signed up for these events:

  • Great Pier Swim (9 August) - When I did this event last year, it was my first open water event.  It is a 3.3km swim from Chalkwell to Southend on Sea following the coast along including swimming under the pier.  The event raises money for a great local charity, Havens Hospices.  I'm hoping to better my time from last year which was 1hr 32 mins.
  • River Arun swim (27 July) - This is a 1.5km swim in the River Arun at Littlehampton.  I picked this from a list of events provided by Chalkwell Redcaps. As it is the club's 5th year they have pledged to raise £5,000 for their chosen charity, Level Water, www.levelwater.org and members have been asked to chose one of the event they will taking part in as a fundraising event for the charity.  If you would like to sponsor me for this event you can do so on the group's justgiving page ,http://www.justgiving.com/Chalkwell-Redcaps1 please add name to your donation message so we can keep a track of who has raised what.
  • Brownlee Triathlon (15 June) - The Brownlee Triathlon was my first taste of triathlon last year when I travelled up to Yorkshire in September.  I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to taking part this year at the Brownlee South Triathlon at Petworth House.  For this event I will be raising money for my work's charity of the year, Emmaus, www.emmaus.org.uk
  • The other events I have signed up to so far are all league events of the triathlon club I belong to, East Essex Tri Club.
Watch this space for news of more events


No comments:

Post a Comment